8.13.2008

Party like it's 1995!


Last month, I went to my friend's birthday party at Middlesex in Cambridge. The theme of the party was early 90s and my homegirl and I had a ball getting ready for the party by reminiscing about the olden days of Grunge, Doc Martins, Janet Jackson braids, New Jack Swing and the era when it was cool for girls to wear baggy (comfortable) gear.

I searched high and low in my closet for a pair of baggy jeans, only to realize that I gave all of those to Goodwill or
Rosie's Place years ago. Since my tribute to TLC (R.I.P. Left Eye) was a no go, I decided to go with a nod to the late Kurt Cobain with the grunge look. Thankfully, I'll have a chance to remix my 90s outfit this weekend and give a little something back at the same time. Anybody still have an 8ball jacket I can borrow?

Party With A Purpose Presents:


Back to Life, Back to Reality

A Guided Tour of the Music, Fashion and Dance of the 90's


Time: August 16th, 9:00 pm until 2:00 am

Place: DJ's at the Garden

Cost:15 Bucks


Music By: DJ SunOne spinning the hottest 90's hip-hop, R&B, Reggae, Rock and House


Dress Code: 90's Style

Ladies: Extensions in your hair, bamboo earrings at least 2 pair, are encouraged but not required

Fellas: Silk paisley shirts, jeans with suede on the front, 8 ball jackets, and pegged jeans are encouraged *lol


If you can remember any of the following you need to be at this party:

1. You remember when Kurt Cobain, 2Pac, River Phoenix, and Selena died.

2. if you memeber when every thing was "da BOMB"

or "da Bomb diggity"
3. You ever wore Cross Colors or wanted to wear them

4. You always wanted to be able to do that dance that you grab one leg and jump over it with the the other leg.

5. You remember when Bobby Brown did the theme for GhostBusters 2.

6. You remember how hard it was to make the switch from cassetes to CD's.

7. You can sing the whole theme song to "The Fresh Prince of Belair" and do the Carleton.

8. You remember when Southern Hip Hop was limited to Whomp There It is, Daisy Dukes, The Dip Song.

9. You remember Chris Rock in the New Jack City playing a crack head...and Ice T in first role as a cop.

10. You simply want to have a good time.


Proceeds from this event will go to benefit Love Our Children USA an organization that works to keep children safe by breaking the cycle of family violence.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...