11.29.2010

Naturals Making the News

It's amazing to me to think that natural hair is newsworthy, but given the amount of time, attention, money and emotion that we women - especially Black women - put into our hair, I suppose it makes sense. Having been natural for well over a decade (I'm a card-carrying member of the 'Creamy-Crack-is-Wack' Brigade), I sometimes feel like stories and discussions such as this one are old news, but ultimately I'm glad to see more and more sistas embracing their true beauty. Check out this "Going Natural" special report:


So, what do you think? Do you struggle with the idea of going natural, of the Big Chop (BC), or with the idea that natural hair is "unprofessional" looking? If you're a natural girl already, do you encourage others to take the same steps and give up the creamy crack, weaves and wigs in favor of curls and kinks?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...