3.28.2012

Time, Trayvon and Till...

I was hoping that I wouldn't have the chance to take a picture of myself wearing a hoodie. I was hoping that Zimmerman would have been arrested by now and that the Trayvon Martin case would be well on it's way toward justice. I was hoping that  decency and reason would prevail before I had the chance to add my 2 cents to the mix and that anything I would contribute would be behind the times. My hopes were dashed. It has been 6 days since I posted about the Trayvon Martin rally in Harvard Square. It has been 1 month and 2 days since Trayvon Martin was murdered. It has been 56 years and 7 months since Emmett Till was murdered. What have we been doing all that time? What will we do today to make certain that none of our children are murdered tomorrow? Supersized or small, every effort matters. Sign a petition, write to the President, share a hoodie picture, participate in a local event, work collectively to reform your neighborhood watch, so that never ever again will a child be shot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...