While New York will be an absolute mob scene of celebs, bloggers, free drink seekers, photographers and tourists tonight, Boston will play host to a slightly more subdued, but no less fun version of Fashion's Night Out. This is the second year that the city will officially participate in the FNO festivities, closing down Newbury Street to traffic once again. I had a ball walking up and down Newbury last year, checking out local designers, listening to live music and bobbing my head to the beats blasted by DJs from Arlington Street to Mass Ave.
In preparation for tonight's fashion marathon, I've been checking the internets for clues as to where the hottest spots will be (and for the weather report). It's no easy task. As mentioned in this Boston Globe article, there is no central clearinghouse for all of the FNOBoston events. The article does make note of a few of the evening's highlights and links to a list of all of the Newbury Street stores which will be participating. From that list, as well as my own sleuthing, I've been able to map out a few spots to check for:
- Marc by Marc Jacobs (81 Newbury St.) - featuring free t-shirts and a photobooth
- Emerge Salon & Spa (275 Newbury St.) - offering seated massages and eye/hand treatments in front of the building
- Saks Fifth Avenue (Prudential Center) - showcasing a shoe show, cocktails and hors d'oeuvres from 6PM-8PM
- Prudential South Garden (Prudential Center) - free screening of Breakfast at Tiffany's at 6PM
- Copley Place Center Court - hosting a fashion show at 6PM featuring Jimmy Choo, Elie Tahari and more.
- Sephora (Prudential Center) - 10 minute makeovers by beauty experts
- BCBG - BCBGMAXAZRIA (Copley Place) - featuring an Instagram contest. Get styled in store, take a pic and post it to Instagram using hashtag #BCBGFNO for a chance to win a $1,000 BCBGMAXAZRIA wardrobe
- Barneys New York (Copley Place) - from 6-9pm 10% of all sales will be donated to Human Rights Campaign
- The South End's Red Light District - there will be a whole host of events throughout the neighborhood. Check here for details.